For those of you that follow my blog and YouTube channel regularly, you know that I’m a big fan of Rich Tirpak’s products over at Mad Hunky Meats. I had the chance to try out the Mad Hunky General Purpose rub (aka the “GP rub”) on a butt the other day and wanted to quickly walk you [...]
A lot of you out there that may love to BBQ, but might not be super serious about it and probably don’t have a smoker of some kind, but you at least have a trusty ol’ Weber charcoal grill (or “kettle”) sitting on your back porch. A while back I posted about the 26.75″ Weber [...]
I’ve been reading a lot on the forums about how a lot of the competition guys inject marinade into pork shoulders, briskets, hams, turkeys and chickens. A lot of the feedback I hear is that while the rub is good for the outside bark and certainly provides a ton of flavor, injecting marinades deep inside [...]
So up to this point, I’ve only smoked Boston butts for pulled pork, but last night as part of our New Year’s Eve jam here at the house, my buddy Mike smoked a pork “picnic” shoulder. In case you’re like me and didn’t really know the difference between a Boston butt and a picnic, I’ve [...]
- BBQ Rub Review: Lionheart “Original Barbecue” and “Smoked Herb & Garlic” April 30, 2013
- StoryQue: The iPad Barbecue Magazine April 17, 2013
- Book Review: Paul Kirk’s Championship Barbecue Sauces April 12, 2013
- Tri-Tip with Goat Cheese and Lemon Honey Mustard Glaze April 11, 2013
- Ancho-Cherry Baby Backs March 25, 2013
- How To Build A “Mini” Weber Smokey Mountain May 17, 2012
- Product Review: Mad Hunky Hot Whang Rub and Poultry Brine October 13, 2012
- Reader Spotlight: Detroit Lions Mini WSM October 12, 2012
- Bang Bang Shrimp January 5, 2013
- Smoke House Downtown review January 27, 2012
- Steve: With the Mini WSM, I typically don't have a water...
- TheDarker00: Hi, I recently sent you a message on youtube, howe...
- Steve: Hi Troy- As I've cooked ribs over the years, I...
- Troy: do you just put wood on the one time when you star...
- StoryQue: We also have a PDF edition for those without an iP...
A service of netRelief, Inc.
This site is a member of