This is generally my go-to sauce for ribs. I’ve tried quite a few, ranging from sweet to spicy, but I always keep coming back to this one. I usually baste baby backs or St. Louis ribs with this magical sauce 30-45 minutes before I pulled them off the smoker. Do you have any sweet rib sauces you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks!
2 cups ketchup
2 cups red wine vinegar
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup mild molasses
½ cup orange blossom honey
1 teaspoon of salt
rounded ½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1) Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat, and whisk until
2) Bring to a boil over high heat, continuing to whisk until all ingredients
3) Allow the sauce to boil for about a minute (watch for boil over), and
then reduce heat and simmer uncovered stirring periodically for about 40
minutes or until the sauce thickens.
4) Brush on baby backs or spares during last hour of cook and serve warm or
at room temperature at the table.
5) Excess will keep in fridge for several months.