I’d like to take a moment and introduce “Ginger”, my new Grill Dome Inifinity Series Ceramic Kamado Cooker! Woo hoo! I am so excited about this cooker. I’ve had my eyes on ceramic kamados for quite some time now and was finally able to acquire one. I’ve spent a lot of time researching them, specifically the various manufacturers and pros and cons of each of them. I went with Grill Dome for several reasons:
- They claim to have the thickest ceramic walls of any brand and from what I can tell now that I have one, they do (I’ll provide more in depth info of this later).
- Their proprietary ceramics, called TERAPEX, can withstand temperatures above 700° and the company claims this is higher than any other current ceramics on the market.
- Grill Dome was the first ceramic kamado manufacturer to supply their cookers with complete, 304 stainless steel hardware.
- They offer their cookers in 5 different colors (I went with the copper color because it is drop dead gorgeous).
- They don’t use glazes on the exterior, they bake on enamel and it goes into the oven 3 times (meaning the paint should stay intact for a very long time).
- They come pre-assembled. It literally showed up on a wood pallet and all I had to do was cut off all the packaging and install the grate and top damper and it was good to go.
- Lastly, Grill Dome was the first ceramic kamado company to offer a life time warranty. I can also tell you that the company is owned/operated by a father/son team and you can call and speak directly with them at any time and they are VERY friendly and will help you with any issues that may come up.