If you’re an iPad owner and BBQ fanatic like I am, you’ll be amped to learn that there is a legit monthly barbecue magazine subscription available on the iPad called StoryQue. StoryQue is an interactive BBQ magazine that is available for purchase via iTunes. New issues are released monthly which include BBQ stories, recipes and tips/tricks from both [...]
I was perusing BBQ books on Amazon.com the other day to see if there were any new ones out I didn’t know about and actually stumbled upon an older book that looked promising: Paul Kirk’s Championship Barbecue Sauces: 175 Make-Your-Own Sauces, Marinades, Dry Rubs, Wet Rubs, Mops, and Salsas. The book is only $10 and after [...]
David Somerville, owner and author of the BBQ blog BBQDryRubs.com, recently sent me a copy of his new eBook to review: A Beginner’s Guide To Making Sausage, Bacon and Jerky. At just 50 pages long, this eBook is a quick read and packs a TON of very useful info in it. Making my own sausage, [...]
I was recently sent a copy of the newly released The Salt Lick Cookbook: A Story of Land, Family and Love. I’m going to dive into detail, but let me start out by saying that this book is simply amazing. Though the book is packed full of tasty recipes from one of Texas’s most famous BBQ [...]
I recently picked up a copy of Serious Barbecue by Adam Perry Lang. I’ve read a good number of BBQ books and after having just read through a few chapters, this book is an instant favorite for me. This is a thick book at 400 pages and Lang covers topics such as “Barbecue Basics” and [...]
Probably one of the best BBQ books you can pick up to help kick start a new BBQ hobby, or… even just give an existing hobby some additional ideas, is the book Smoke & Spice by Bill and Cheryl Jamison. The book is under $15 and highly worth the investment. Ran-Dawg, the guy who taught [...]
- Domino’s “Fiery Hawaiian” Pizza May 21, 2013
- BBQ Rub Review: Lionheart “Original Barbecue” and “Smoked Herb & Garlic” April 30, 2013
- StoryQue: The iPad Barbecue Magazine April 17, 2013
- Book Review: Paul Kirk’s Championship Barbecue Sauces April 12, 2013
- Tri-Tip with Goat Cheese and Lemon Honey Mustard Glaze April 11, 2013
- How To Build A “Mini” Weber Smokey Mountain May 17, 2012
- Product Review: Mad Hunky Hot Whang Rub and Poultry Brine October 13, 2012
- Reader Spotlight: Detroit Lions Mini WSM October 12, 2012
- Smoke House Downtown review January 27, 2012
- Bang Bang Shrimp January 5, 2013
- Steve: With the Mini WSM, I typically don't have a water...
- TheDarker00: Hi, I recently sent you a message on youtube, howe...
- Steve: Hi Troy- As I've cooked ribs over the years, I...
- Troy: do you just put wood on the one time when you star...
- StoryQue: We also have a PDF edition for those without an iP...
A service of netRelief, Inc.
This site is a member of