A while back I came across a ribeye recipe by Bobby Flay that called for both goat cheese and a lemon honey mustard glaze. It was unbelievably good, so good in fact that I cooked it two consecutive nights for two different sets of friends. I hate just straight up copying people’s recipe (though they [...]
I thought I’d share my first brisket cook on the Grill Dome Kamado. I went with a “hot and fast” style cook and cooked at 325° versus the 225°-250° range I normally cook at. The 8 lb brisket hit an internal temp of 200° in just 5 1/2 hours. Since I was cooking the briskie [...]
I finally had the chance yesterday to high-heat sear some steaks on my new Grill Dome Ceramic Kamado. Ceramic kamados are very well known for their capacity to reach incredibly high temperatures of 700° and higher. Steak searing typically takes place around the 600°-700° range and the method I choose to try out is a method that’s [...]
I was recently sent a variety of Oakridge BBQ rubs to try out by Owner/CEO, Mike Trump. Oakridge products are VERY popular on the competition circuit (check out all the teams they sponsor here) and so I was really excited when I got home from work and had a care package from Mike sitting on [...]
The maiden voyage of my new Grill Dome kamado involved my first ever Tri-tip. A Tri-tip is technically the bottom sirloin and is located directly below the top sirlion (see the graphic here). They are hugely popular out West, particularly in California (known as “Santa Maria steaks”), but they have also gained popularity in New [...]
I recently acquired a Craycort cast iron grilling grate for my 26.75″ Weber One Touch Gold kettle and finally got to cook on the new grate last night. I came across a recipe from Guy Fieri for java crusted steaks w/ a stout glaze that looked really good, so I thought that sounded like a [...]
- BBQ Rub Review: Lionheart “Original Barbecue” and “Smoked Herb & Garlic” April 30, 2013
- StoryQue: The iPad Barbecue Magazine April 17, 2013
- Book Review: Paul Kirk’s Championship Barbecue Sauces April 12, 2013
- Tri-Tip with Goat Cheese and Lemon Honey Mustard Glaze April 11, 2013
- Ancho-Cherry Baby Backs March 25, 2013
- How To Build A “Mini” Weber Smokey Mountain May 17, 2012
- Product Review: Mad Hunky Hot Whang Rub and Poultry Brine October 13, 2012
- Reader Spotlight: Detroit Lions Mini WSM October 12, 2012
- Bang Bang Shrimp January 5, 2013
- Smoke House Downtown review January 27, 2012
- Steve: With the Mini WSM, I typically don't have a water...
- TheDarker00: Hi, I recently sent you a message on youtube, howe...
- Steve: Hi Troy- As I've cooked ribs over the years, I...
- Troy: do you just put wood on the one time when you star...
- StoryQue: We also have a PDF edition for those without an iP...
A service of netRelief, Inc.
This site is a member of