Lionheart Spices out of Milwaukee, WI offers up eight flavorful rubs and spice blends including the following: Original Barbecue Smoked Herb & Garlic Chipotle Lemon Rosemary Sugar & Spice Bourbon Street Fire Rub Scarborough Fair I had the chance to check out both the Original Barbecue and Smoked Herb & Garlic the other day and was [...]
If you’re an iPad owner and BBQ fanatic like I am, you’ll be amped to learn that there is a legit monthly barbecue magazine subscription available on the iPad called StoryQue. StoryQue is an interactive BBQ magazine that is available for purchase via iTunes. New issues are released monthly which include BBQ stories, recipes and tips/tricks from both [...]
I was perusing BBQ books on Amazon.com the other day to see if there were any new ones out I didn’t know about and actually stumbled upon an older book that looked promising: Paul Kirk’s Championship Barbecue Sauces: 175 Make-Your-Own Sauces, Marinades, Dry Rubs, Wet Rubs, Mops, and Salsas. The book is only $10 and after [...]
A while back I came across a ribeye recipe by Bobby Flay that called for both goat cheese and a lemon honey mustard glaze. It was unbelievably good, so good in fact that I cooked it two consecutive nights for two different sets of friends. I hate just straight up copying people’s recipe (though they [...]
This past weekend I made up an ancho-cherry BBQ sauce that I used on two cooks. On Saturday we had stuffed hamburgers for a get together celebrating a good friend’s B-day. We had a bunch of mouth-watering ingredients to stuff the burgers with (I used my Burger Pocket Press of course ), but the ancho-cherry [...]
I had the chance to try out the GrillGrate the other day and must say I was quite impressed. The GrillGrate is an interlocking, raised rail grilling surface constructed of hard anodized aluminum that excels at: Delivering flawless sear marks (see the marks on the ribeyes I cooked below!) Preventing flare ups which reduces over-charring Helping to [...]
- BBQ Rub Review: Lionheart “Original Barbecue” and “Smoked Herb & Garlic” April 30, 2013
- StoryQue: The iPad Barbecue Magazine April 17, 2013
- Book Review: Paul Kirk’s Championship Barbecue Sauces April 12, 2013
- Tri-Tip with Goat Cheese and Lemon Honey Mustard Glaze April 11, 2013
- Ancho-Cherry Baby Backs March 25, 2013
- How To Build A “Mini” Weber Smokey Mountain May 17, 2012
- Product Review: Mad Hunky Hot Whang Rub and Poultry Brine October 13, 2012
- Reader Spotlight: Detroit Lions Mini WSM October 12, 2012
- Bang Bang Shrimp January 5, 2013
- Smoke House Downtown review January 27, 2012
- Steve: With the Mini WSM, I typically don't have a water...
- TheDarker00: Hi, I recently sent you a message on youtube, howe...
- Steve: Hi Troy- As I've cooked ribs over the years, I...
- Troy: do you just put wood on the one time when you star...
- StoryQue: We also have a PDF edition for those without an iP...
A service of netRelief, Inc.
This site is a member of